|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Macclesfield, Cheshire, England|
|Date Posted||August 8, 2015|
|Category|| Commis Chef |
|Job Type|| Permanent Casual |
Commis Chef - Casual Hours
Shrigley Hall Hotel Golf & Country Club
£6.50 per hour
Housed in an extravagant historic mansion, The Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club enjoys a quiet location with breathtaking views across the Peak District National Park and the Shrigley golf course.
The accommodation offers 148 elegant bedrooms with a selection of premium and deluxe standards.
The Shrigley Hall Hotel is situated in the quaint village of Shrigley, near Macclesfield in Cheshire (within easy reach of the M6 and M56; just 15 minutes from Manchester Airport).
We currently have an opportunity for a talented and enthusiastic Commis Chef to join the team at The Shrigley Hall Hotel.
The Commis Chef will be expected to observe, prepare and present all food items on the menu as directed and to the excellent standard required by the Hotel.
The key responsibilities for the role include:
- Maintaining high standards of hygiene
- Preparing the ingredients for a more senior chef
- Measuring dish ingredients and portion sizes accurately
- Dealing with deliveries and stock rotation
- Relish working in busy / fast paced environments and achieving deadlines.
- Be adaptable and innovative.
- A range of preparation tasks as and when required, including vegetable preparation, plating up and garnishing
- To ensure portion sizes are adhered to
- To observe the processes in the kitchen and gain knowledge of all produce and methods used
- Cleaning and tidying allocated work areas
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience working within a similar role
- Good communication skills
- A clean and tidy approach to working
- Quick learner
Live in accomodation would be available for those applicants looking to re locate to apply for this position.