|Location||Reading West, Berkshire, England|
|Date Posted||September 5, 2014|
|Category|| Commis Chef |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Job Title: Commis Chef
Location: Reading West
Line Manager: Head Chef/Sous Chef/CDPKey Communications:
- Departmental Manager
- Other Departmental Managers
- Other team members
- Own team
- Senior hotel managers
Job Purpose / Summary:
- To support the Head Chef in ensuring the efficient, and effective running of the Kitchen.
- To ensure that the preparation and presentation of the food is of a high standard, and complies with food safety regulations.
- To support the achievement of budgeted food gross profit.
Core Accountabilities & Performance Indicators
These indicators are what the Company can expect to see when the role is being performed to the required standard.
To provide first class service to the hotel guest
- To ensure all food is served to the required company standard.
- To aid the Head Chef in implementing all new menus.
- To ensure that a high standard of cleanliness is maintained in the kitchen operation.
- To strive and anticipate customer needs wherever possible, and to react to these to enhance customer satisfaction.
- To ensure that you are correctly dressed, adhere to high personal hygiene standards.
- To maintain a professional working relationship with the food service team.
- To comply with all regulations as stated in the normal operating procedures.
- All maintenance issues reported immediately following the correct procedures.
- Cleaning chemicals are used as directed, to achieve desired results and reduce wastage.
- Awareness of how the role impacts on the hotel profit and loss account.
- Must be aware of hotel facilities, restaurant / bar opening times, disabled facilities, room types etc.
- Knowledge of local area. I.e. local shops and places of interest.
- Know who to direct guests to if unable to answer queries.
- Must attend all H & S, Fire and Food Safety Training as directed by designated Line Manager.
- Ensure that while you undertake your role you abide by the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and safe system of work appropriate to your role.
- In use of company nominated chemicals, it is your responsibility to comply by COSHH.
- Understand the importance of adhering to company policy with reference to Hazard spotting, first aid reporting, and reporting accidents.
- To have a complete understanding of hotel and Company procedure in the event of a fire.
- To ensure the Company Health and Safety, Food Safety and COSHH legislation are adhered to; this will involve action and appropriate training.
- Ensure security for both self and all departments.
- To abide by all company and legal food safety standards
- To ensure that you hold an appropriate food hygiene certificate.
- That all new procedures comply with food safety policy.
- That you are aware, and uphold all appropriate A.S.C. procedures
- Attend hotel and departmental induction.
- Attend Job chats and Performance Reviews
- Development through NVQ training