|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England|
|Date Posted||February 14, 2020|
|Category|| Commis Chef |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
This is an exciting opportunity for a Commis Chef with similar experience in a Kitchen who wishes to develop their skills in this fast moving, professional environment.All Commis Chef applicants must be creative, enthusiastic and have a professional attitude to work. Good communication skills and ability to work as part of a busy team are essential. A good working knowledge of health, safety and hygiene together with awareness of special diets and nutrition is important.
As Commis Chef you will assist the Exec Head Chef and the brigade with the production of high quality dishes whilst maintaining the high standards of food production.
Main Responsibilities for this Commis Chef role will include:
- To prepare a variety of dishes under the guidance and instruction of the Section Head Chefs
- To skilfully create a variety of food dishes to a high standard of preparation, production, food quality, plating up, presentation and service dishes under the guidance and instruction of the Section Chefs
- To have good working relations within the team and across all sections of the department
- To ensure that the Section opening and close down procedures are followed
- To utilise MEP lists, handover procedures, being aware of all daily menus and forthcoming functions by checking the kitchen notice boards and menus for any amendments
- To ensure correct usage of equipment and reporting any faults to Executive Head Chef or deputies
- To ensure that wastage is monitored and kept to a minimum wherever possible
- To utilise and implement all aspects of theFood Safety Policy and HACCP’s
- To utilise and implement all aspects and procedures in accordance with the allergen policy
- To ensure all ‘Daily Hygiene Checklists’ are completed
- To maintain high levels of personal hygiene, and ensure the uniform provided is clean and presentable and worn at all times when on duty
- Report any discrepancies or issues that could affect safety, service or the smooth running of the department
- To participate in training and development
- To undertake any other duties and responsibilities as directed by the Executive Head Chef
Benefits of this Commis Chef opportunity include:
- 25 working days (plus 8 public holidays)
- Meals whilst on duty
- Pension Scheme
- Heath care
- Use of on site gym facilities at a discount
Requirements for this Commis Chef position are:
- NVQ level 2 in catering or equivalent qualifications is essential
- Excellent standard of food preparation and methodology
- Be able to demonstrate good organisational skills
- Committed with high personal performance standards
- Enthusiastic and professional attitude towards work
- Self motivated and reliant
- Creative and able to encourage creative thinking in the team
- Good communication skills
- High standard of personal hygiene and general physical fitness
- Able to work as part of a busy team
All Applicants must ................
To apply for this Commis Chef opportunity, then please send us your most recent up to date CV to email@example.com
Visit firstcontactchefs.com for other Great New Career Opportunities.
All applicants will have a stable CV with excellent traceable references.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of the eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
I would like to thank you for your interest shown in this position. Please note that we take your application very seriously, but must stress that applications will only be answered in person if they match the criteria of the position advertised. If we haven’t contacted you within 72 hours, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion for this position.
First Contact Chefs are passionate about fostering careers in the hospitality industry. We believe in professional career development, rather than simply placing candidates in jobs. We nurture talent to ensure an enhancement of our clients and the industrys reputation as a whole and we are a great supporter of "A Passion to Inspire" developing the relationship between the applicant and employer.
By applying directly for this position you accept that we can store your personal data . We promise to never pass your details on to third parties without your direct authorisation.