|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Heaton Norris, Greater Manchester, England|
|Date Posted||February 21, 2019|
|Category|| Pub Chef |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Could Hydes be on your menu? Do you have excellent standards? We may have the perfect role for you.
Here at Hydes, we are not only a pub operator but we also brew our own beer, and have over 150 years of history and heritage.
We are now looking to recruit to our kitchen brigade on a part time basis, at the Nursery Inn, to enhance our strong team, and help us be the best at what we do, serving ‘excellence as a habit’
We offer comprehensive training packages, to ensure that you are up to speed with the way we do things. This will include understanding our menus as well as understanding the culture of the site you will be working in.
Career Progression Plans within our estate and the opportunity to achieve nationally accredited catering qualifications
You will receive an hourly rate of £8.20 - £9 per hour
5.6 weeks holiday and a workplace pension plan
50% discount card for food ( for parties up to 6 people) at several of our sites, upon completion of Hydes mandatory online training
The Nursery Inn in Heaton Norris, is very much the heart of the community, hosting a large bowling green, and regular entertainment for the locals, it is a particularly busy site. Fresh Food is served daily at the site, as well as cask ales – 8 handpulls in total –offering a variety for customers
You will be required to oversee the day to day activities of the kitchen at the Nursery Inn alongside the General Manager. You will be knowledgeable about all the dishes on our menu and how to support the site to turn out mouth- watering dishes with ease. You will produce all starters, mains and desserts.
We are looking for someone to work 16 - 22 hours per week.
With relevant experience, you will relish the chance to develop your career. We are therefore looking for someone who can demonstrate the following attributes and skills
- Deliver a reliable efficient food service
- Ability to work under pressure and use your own initiative
- Be flexible and the kind of person who jumps in to help out to ensure service is never compromised
- Positive ‘can do attitude’
- Has the ability to cope with a busy kitchen and work safely within all legislations
- Has excellent attention to detail and enjoys working to high standards
- Able to give clear direction, delegate effectively and adapt to change
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to prepare cook and present all dishes
- Has excellent personal standards regarding time keeping, attendance and personal presentation