|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Studland, Dorset, England|
|Date Posted||May 21, 2017|
|Category|| Chef de Partie |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Chef de Partie THE PIG on the Beach
THE PIG – on the beach is looking for a highly organised, creative and reliable Chef de Partie who is passionate about producing simple modern British garden food using seasonal and sustainable ingredients, all sourced within 25 miles.
A Chef de Partie role at THE PIG – on the beach is like no other, you will be working with a menu that is influence by the kitchen garden and the coast and can change by the minute.
Passion is the key to our success, so we want you to be enthusiastic about our food, our animals, the kitchen garden, foraging, and everything you do!
We require our Chef de Parties to:
- Manage and train the Demi-Chef de Parties or Commis working on the section with you
- Prepare and cook dishes for the section
- Assist the senior Chefs to come up with new dishes
- Ensure that portion size is controlled
- Maintain high standards in all aspects of your role
- Bring fresh ideas
- Be confident when delegating
- Be willing to learn and progress
As a member of the kitchen team, the learning and development opportunities are endless. You will experience:
- Butchery, charcuterie, fish, pasta and bread masterclasses
- Foraging with local experts
- Weekly kitchen garden tours and harvesting workshops
- An environment with livestock such as pigs, chickens, sheep, quail and bees.
- Visits to local suppliers
- Regular tasting of new dishes and ingredients
- Health & Safety courses
Who are we?
THE PIG - in the Forest gained a new sister on the coast with the opening of THE PIG- on the Beach in 2013. THE PIG-on the Beach is located just above Studland Bay, Dorset, one of the most stunning beaches in England with dramatic views of Old Harry Rocks and the Jurassic Coast.
It is more than a boutique hotel, THE PIG-on the Beach is an award-winning restaurant with rooms, with an obsessive commitment to home grown and local produce. Uncomplicated and simple British garden food, true to the micro seasons with the emphasis squarely on fresh, clean flavours. We have a further commitment to our 25 mile menu - whereby some 85% of fresh ingredients are sourced in the local area.
A few of our awards over the years:
- Restaurant of the Year - Bronze Award - Dorset Tourism Awards 2016
- Best Hotel - GQ Food & Drinks Awards-2016
- 3 Red Stars - AA
- Romantic Hotel of the Year - Good Hotel Guide
- Independent hotel of the year 2015
- Tatler Travel Guide - Best Food 2015
- GQ’s Best Restaurant runner-up
- The Independent - The ‘Big Six’ of English Seaside Hotels
- Outstanding Hotel of the Year 2014 - The Independent
- Top opening of 2013 - Red Magazine
What do we offer?
Successful candidates can look forward to:
- A competitive salary
- Free meals on duty
- Free uniform
- Discounted Room Nights
- 28 days holiday (increasing with length of service)
- Discounts at Food and Beverage outlets
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Cycle to Work Programme
- A range of training and development opportunities
- Fantastic career prospects as we aim to home grow our Supervisors and Managers of the future
Where are we?
Just 9 miles from Poole (via the chain ferry) and 4 miles from the town of Swanage this property is in the perfect location to appreciate the stunning views and unspoiled beaches while still having access to those creature comforts….
Our award-winning hotel is searching for a team dedicated to breaking the mould. At Home Grown Hotels we share success together, help each other and respect everyone’s position.
So if you like what you have read, and are ready for a new challenge, then please get in touch and send your CV.