|at ( view profile)|
|Location||London, Greater London, England|
|Date Posted||September 28, 2017|
|Category|| Chef de Partie |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Chef De Partie – The Duke of Cambridge
We’re mad about organic veg. It’s at the core of everything we do. We love to grow it, pack it into boxes and deliver it to customers’ doorsteps around the UK. This takes a lot of brilliant people, with a range of skills and knowledge.
Riverford began in 1986, with a few acres of veg, a wheelbarrow and a beaten up 2CV for deliveries. We’ve grown into a successful e-commerce business, with four farms, three packhouses, a fleet of vans and drivers, a wholesalers, butchery, organic restaurant and pub. We employ people across many areas including IT, Logistics, Sales, HR, Finance and Marketing (and more besides).
Our culture and values set us apart from other businesses. Riverford is a friendly, informal place to work, with a passionate, entrepreneurial spirit. We’re committed to providing a fair deal for growers, customers and staff.
What you’ll be doing
Since opening its doors in 1998 our London based pub, The Duke of Cambridge has been hugely popular, serving its customers with organic food and drink made from responsibly sourced ingredients.
At the Duke, we can offer you the opportunity to work in a creative environment with the best seasonal organic vegetables and fruit available. As a Chef de Partie, you’ll be cooking to bring out the best in our ingredients on our delicious veg centric menu. We prepare from scratch here with veg prep, fishmongery, bread making and butchery as part and parcel of what we do.
Our aim is to nurture cooking skills and develop team members to bring out their best so we expect you to be able to work in an organised way and help to make sure your team can do the same. Alongside the core team there will be the opportunity to work with apprentices and work experience candidates, and at college demonstrations and workshops to bring Riverford and its message to life.
As part of the management team you’ll be need to be able to stop, look and be critical of what we do; so we can continuously improve, grow and help to find solutions and build plans to reach our goals.
And of course a visit to Riverford in Buckfastleigh, Devon is an essential part of your induction when you join us so you can see our real farm to fork credentials first hand.
This is a permanent role with a minimum of 40 hours a week. Shifts are from 9am – 4.00pm or 4.00pm – 11.00pm with double shifts being both on the same day (with reasonable variations as required). Based at 30 St Peter's St, Islington, London N1 8JT
- Maintaining genuine excellence as the standard, working with recipes in the section manuals and adding to these with the Head Chef and Sous Chefs, ensuring all food prepared is done so to recipe to maintain the style of food, also including the listing of all allergens and adhering to Soil Association guidelines.
- Assisting with daily workings of the kitchen area including good food hygiene & health and safety practices in line with our policy and the support of other staff members with this, including Front of House where appropriate.
- Ensure the cleaning and organisation of your section, but also to assist with other areas including prep, delivery, BOH, fridges and stockholding areas and that all food is stored appropriately.
- Ensuring you are focussed & set for and throughout service, that food is sent in good time & effectively communicating daily with the shift runner any availability issues.
- Handling food deliveries, their checking, recording, decanting and safe storage (and reporting issues to the shift runner).
- Employing good practice of stock rotation, control & labelling of food as a daily standard, to ensure our compliance with food safety regulations.
- Although we like to keep rules to a minimum please do ensure that you familiarise yourself with our terms and conditions of employment.
Skills & experience
Extensive professional and catering experience essential at CDP level in a similar establishment. Must have the experience to step back and see the bigger picture. You must work well both independently and under pressure, be calm, measured & able to help find solutions to problems.
Energetic and dynamic, a good team player and a good sense of organisation. Flexibility in working hours, availability essential at evenings and weekends. Must be willing to share their passion for food. We also expect excellent personal presentation.
£9.69 - £10.20 per hour, depending on experience
Riverford is a beautiful place to work, with lots of great people – and other benefits too. We offer 31 days’ holiday (including bank holidays), a generous company pension scheme and an annual profit share. We love food and hope you do too, so we give staff 25% off everything we sell on our website; heavily discounted organic breakfasts and lunches in the staff canteen; and free organic fruit and veg. There are also many social events for staff, with two big parties a year.