|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Parkgate, Cheshire, England|
|Date Posted||May 16, 2019|
|Category|| Chef de Partie |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
We offer comprehensive training packages, to ensure that you are up to speed with the way we do things. This will include understanding our menus and drinks as well as understanding the culture of the site you will be working in.
Part of this training can also include undertaking an NVQ qualification, through our nationally accredited training provider. This in turn will assist you with any career progression plans within our estate and at your site.
- You will receive an hourly rate depending on experience from £8.30 - £9.80 per hour.
- 5.6 weeks holiday and a pension plan
- Free Uniform
- 50% discount card for food, which can be used in many of our sites for you and your friends/family ( up to 6 at any time)
- Site Incentives
- Guaranteed minimum hours per week
Parkgate is a bit of an oddity, it is a seaside village, with no sea! The estuary having withdrawn over the last century leaving a huge variety of marshland. The Boathouse looks straight over the magnificent Dee Estuary, and boasts fantastic fresh food dining and drinks – in particular fish and shellfish being their speciality. This is an extremely fast paced site.
Whether you work full time or part time, our customers are in your hands. You will be required to oversee agreed day to day activities of the kitchen at the Boathouse. You will be knowledgeable about all the dishes on our menu and how to support the site to turn out mouth- watering dishes with ease. You will produce all starters, mains and desserts as well as acting as a coach and mentor to any junior staff members. You will also be require to oversee stock, ordering and audits.
With relevant experience, in a fresh food environment, you will relish the chance to develop your career. We are therefore looking for someone who can demonstrate the following attributes and skills
- Deliver a reliable efficient food service
- Ability to work under pressure and use your own initiative
- Be flexible and the kind of person who jumps in to help out to ensure service is never compromised
- Positive ‘can do attitude’
- Has the ability to cope with a busy kitchen and work safely within all legislations
- Has excellent attention to detail and enjoys working to high standards
- Able to give clear direction, delegate effectively and adapt to change
- Strong decision making skills.
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to assist with menu development
- Ability to prepare cook and present all dishes
- Has excellent personal standards regarding time keeping, attendance and personal presentation