|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Ballater, Aberdeenshire, Scotland|
|Date Posted||July 29, 2016|
|Category|| Chef de Partie |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Chef de Partie Job
Hilton Grand Vacations Club
Employment Type: Full-time
Job ID: HGV015CG
A Chef de Partie with Hilton Grand Vacations is responsible for supervising staff and ensuring high levels of food preparation to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while assisting with food cost controls.
Combining Victorian charm with a spectacular setting in the Cairngorms National Park, Hilton Grand Vacations at Craigendarroch Suites is the ultimate option for a relaxing getaway in Scotland. From our spa to an adventure playground, the resort offers attractions for the whole family to enjoy, plus great dining at our Keiller restaurant, named after former owner of the house. What’s more, every one of our spacious studios and suites boasts a fully-equipped kitchen, so you can take your vacation at your own pace.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Worldwide Brand?
For those aspiring to the good life, Hilton Grand Vacations® offers a passport to endless vacation memories. From exciting Orlando and dynamic Las Vegas, to the laid-back lifestyles of Hawaii and California or the cosmopolitan glamour of New York City and South Beach, we take pride in offering our guests a superior vacation ownership program in the world's most celebrated locations.
If you appreciate the good life and understand the importance of providing others with a superior vacation experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Grand Vacations. Because it’s with Hilton Grand Vacations where you’ll agree, this is the life.
What will I be doing?
As a Chef de Partie with Hilton Grand Vacations you are responsible for supervising staff and ensuring high levels of food preparation to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Chef de Partie would also be required to assist with food cost controls. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Ensure all food preparation meets standards
- Prepare and present high quality food
- Supervise staff
- Keep all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross contamination
- Prepare all mis-en-place for all relevant menus
- Assist in positive outcomes from guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure food stuffs are of a good quality and stored correctly
- Contribute to controlling costs, improving gross profit margins, and other departmental and financial targets
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
- Assist Head Chef/Sous Chef in the training of all staff in compliance of company procedures
- Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation
- Be environmentally aware
What are we looking for?
A Chef de Partie serving Hilton Grand Vacations are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- NVQ Level 3
- Achieved Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Supervisory experience
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on own or in teams
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous kitchen experience in similar role
- Intermediate Food Hygiene
- Knowledge of current food trends