|at ( view profile)|
|Location||St Helier, Jersey, Channel Islands|
|Date Posted||February 11, 2019|
|Category|| Chef de Partie |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
We are recruiting for a motivated Chef de Partie to join the Kitchen brigade at Grand Jersey Hotel and Spa. The ideal candidate will be passionate about food and using fresh ingredients to the highest standard.
Duties & responsibilities of a Chef de Partie:
- Ensure self-organisation and that all mise en place is completed prior to service
- Work in a timely and efficient manner.
- The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic and organised taking pride in their work and in ensuring that all Health and Safety and Food Hygiene requirements are met.
- Work closely to assist in training and supervising junior chefs.
- Ensure all Health and Safety and Food Hygiene requirements are met.
Skills, qualification requirements and competencies of a Chef de Partie
- Can remain calm under pressure; to maintain standards as well as the speed of service.
- Delivers consistently excellent food with a strong eye for detail.
- Has excellent personal organisation and similar experience in a busy environment.
Previous Chef de Partie experience with at least 1 year within a similar sized 4 or 5* Hotel.
- Live in available if required
Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa is a stylish and contemporary 5 Star Hotel, guaranteeing guests an exceptional experience. The hotel offers the ultimate in comfort and glamour through a combination of award winning restaurants including Tassili, our 3 rosette fine dining restaurant, an exclusive, atmospheric Champagne Lounge and the luxurious, award winning Spa. Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa also features the innovative Park Suites - a dedicated business centre with private cinema, meeting rooms and flexible event spaces. The hotel couldn't be better situated in St Helier, overlooking the majestic St Aubin's Bay and within a few minutes walk of the beach, shopping and leisure.
Hand Picked Hotels is a collection of 19 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. With welcoming and charming service delivered in inspirational surroundings, our guests are encouraged to feel at home, relax, kick off their shoes and indulge!
Our values support a family approach; we are passionate about our people as well as our hotels/clubs and welcome those who share our enthusiasm to join us. We seek vibrant people who believe that providing the highest level of guest service is the key to success.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in UK