|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Hackney Wick, Greater London, England|
|Date Posted||September 28, 2015|
|Category|| Chef de Partie |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Passionate Chef de Partie or Junior Sous Chef - Hackney Pearl - London
The Hackney Pearl is an award winning brasserie & cafe in Hackney Wick. We are a growing business with a growing profile. We are only 200 metres from the new Olympic Park. It is a truly lovely place to work.
Our ever changing menus are a happy fusion of British and Mediterranean flavours, featuring the best available seasonal produce. Although we are unpretentious our standards are very high.
Timeout gives us 5 Stars and has this to say…“The Hackney Pearl really is a pearl of the east” & this… “a friendly, unpretentious atmosphere and brilliant, generous food that punches well above its weight.” The Good Food Guide (2012, 2013 & 2014) recommends us and thinks we are “hugely likeable”! We have received lots of other great press with comments such as: “Rare, fine and valuable”, “8/10” & “4/5”
We are looking for a talented and ambitious chef de partie or junior sous chef to join our happy team. This role is ideal for an experienced and ambitious young chef ready to take the next step in their career. If you prove yourself in this role there are promotional opportunities on the horizon.
We are looking for a chef who:
• Loves cooking
• Can take direction as well as use their own initiative
• Is ambitious and wants to grow with us
• Is a pleasure to work with
• Has at least 2 years experience in good restaurant kitchens with some experience in a senior role (CDP, Junior Sous)
• has an understanding of the importance gp and waste minimising
Responsibilities of the role include:
• Helping the head chef and sous with the day to day running of the kitchen
• Ensuring production targets are met
• Input into menu creation and specials
• Helping to manage junior chef and kps
• Ensuring high standards and productivity
Salary offered: competitive
Reasons why you will love working at The Hackney Pearl:
• We cook great food, using great seasonal produce
• Creative input welcome and encouraged
• Independent- not part of a chain
• Responsibility – be a team leader
• Autonomy – work without someone breathing down your neck
• Career progress – promotion not far away; opportunity to make your mark
• Friendly staff & customers
• Great atmosphere, conditions & pay
• The best neighbourhood in London
So if this sounds like the role for you please send us your CV along with a cover letter telling us why you would like to work at The Hackney Pearl and why you are suitable for the position.
You must be permitted to work in the UK, available to work a variety of shifts including evenings and weekends and have fluent written and spoken English.