|Location||Abingdon, Oxfordshire, England|
|Date Posted||January 28, 2019|
|Category|| Chef de Partie |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Position: Chef de Partie
Reporting to: Head Chef & Sous Chef
The former Oxford Abingdon Hotel is currently undergoing a comprehensive redevelopment, increasing the number of guest rooms by over 100% through a new four story extension. The hotel will become the Hilton Garden Inn, Abingdon and will be fully open by early 2019. The new extension will include a lounge bar, restaurant, function rooms and fitness centre. The existing hotel is open throughout the extension works, and current bedrooms will be fully renovated.
Previous applicants are welcome to reapply.
About the role:
As a Chef de Partie, you are responsible for ensuring high levels of food preparation, quality, and consistency to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. You will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
• Ensure all food preparation meets standards
• Ensure consistent delivery of quality and well-presented food
• Work effectively within the kitchen to ensure high customer service standards
• Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues
• Comply with hotel/company security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation
• Awareness departmental targets and strive to achieve them as part of the team
• Be environmentally aware
We are looking for a passionate, hardworking and focused individual that thrives in a high-pressured environment and is looking to grow and learn.
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
• NVQ Level 1 and previous experience
• Positive attitude
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to work on own or in teams
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
• NVQ Level 2
• Basic food hygiene
• Discounts with M&T Hotels and Hilton Hotels worldwide
• Opportunity to learn and develop within a world-renowned brand
• Free meals when on duty.
Please only apply for this position if you are currently living in and have the right to work full time in the UK with no restrictions.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted - if you do not receive a response to your application you must assume you have been unsuccessful.
Applicants will be expected to live within 30 miles of the hotel.