|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Plymouth, Devon, England|
|Date Posted||September 12, 2017|
|Category|| Chef de Partie |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Chef de Partie
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Crowne Plaza Plymouth, Armada Way, Plymouth, Devon, PL1 2HJ
The Crowne Plaza Plymouth has recently completed an extensive multi million pound refurbishment, and joined the Crowne Plaza family in May 2017. The hotel is located in the city centre on Plymouth's historic Hoe, with panoramic views across Plymouth Sound. The works carried out transformed our former restaurant into the new Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill, the area’s leading restaurant. Our 211 newly refurbished bedrooms, the contemporary Drakes Restaurant & Bar, our Club Moativation Health and Fitness Club combined with some of the largest banqueting suites in the south west makes us ideal for progressing your career or joining the industry for the first time.
In this role you will be working for Valor Hospitality Europe which is part of a leading US hotel management company with over 17 properties in the UK operating a number of recognised worldwide brands and exciting expansion plans to add more hotels in the UK and Europe.
The Chef de Partie role includes a range of duties including: the responsibility for the preparation and presentation of dishes for hotel menus in your allocated section of the kitchen ensuring that all guests receive high quality dishes and receive efficient service making their dining experience truly memorable. Assisting with the training junior chefs, handling stock, ordering, maximising kitchen profitability through minimising wastage and ensuring high standards of food safety and hygiene are maintained in your areas of responsibility are all in a days work.
Key Personal Attributes
To join the Valor team we need individuals who are caring and take pride in all that they do. Who are personable, reliable, inspirational, driven and enthusiastic by nature.
Key Performance Behavioural Indicators
The key performance behavioural requirements of the Chef de Partie role include:
• Acquiring skills and knowledge relating to the job role.
• Providing clear and timely information to internal and external contacts.
• Anticipating potential problems and solutions within the planning process.
• Promoting effective relationships with individuals and other departments.
• Showing a sense of urgency on behalf of customers and actions requests quickly.
• Striving for excellence by paying attention to important detail.
• Demonstrating a systematic approach to organisation and administration.
• Ensuring promises are kept by following through on requests
The successful applicant must have previous experience working in food preparation in a hotel or hospitality related role, have knowledge of food safety and hygiene practices, and be able to work with minimum supervision. The successful applicant must be able to work flexible hours on any day of the week.
In return we offer a very competitive salary and excellent benefits package including the opportunity to achieve NVQ/SNVQ qualifications and the use of hotel leisure facilities, uniform and meals on duty.
• Valor Hospitality Europe will establish itself as a respected, successful and dynamic management company, known for having highly engaged people, delivering great levels of hospitality with commercial expertise second to none.
• Please visit http://www.valorhospitalityeuropejobs.com to learn more about our existing hotels, other exciting job opportunities and our company.