|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, England|
|Date Posted||October 1, 2019|
Chef de Partie
Catering | Restaurant | Cookery | Nottingham | Excellent work/life balance
Based in our kitchens you will be one of our Chefs responsible for preparation and cooking of all meals served to both patients and staff. Meals for our patients are prepared in accordance with strict guidelines due to dietary requirements but there is more opportunity to show creativity within the staff restaurant. This position would suit an experienced Chef looking to move in to a role with a great work life balance as you will generally work a 37.5 hour week
Spire Nottingham is a brand new 58-bed hospital which opened in 2017. Our facilities also include: 42 private en-suite rooms,11 day case beds, 5 theatres including a hybrid theatre, on-site MRI, CT, X-ray, ultrasound and mammography, state of the are Physiotherapy services and an on-site Pharmacy.
Duties and responsibilities
- Working in the main kitchen producing high-quality meals in a cost effective manner, whilst maintaining the highest standards of hygiene at all times
- Contributing to food preparation ahead of service and assisting with menu planning
- Assisting with stock takes and ensuring all ingredients are rotated and quality-checked
- Cleaning of all equipment in accordance with schedules
Who we're looking for
- An accomplished Chef with excellent people skills
- NVQ level 2 in Cookery
- Level 2 Food Safety Certificate
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 33 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform – discount and cashback for over 100 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals, 10 clinics and a Specialist Cancer Care Centre across England, Wales and Scotland.
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.