|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Watford, Hertfordshire, England|
|Date Posted||September 15, 2017|
|Category|| Trainee - Apprentice Chef |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Hilton Watford Hotel
An Apprentice Chef with Hilton Hotels & Resorts is responsible for assisting in the preparation, cooking, and presentation of food to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while contributing to high levels of customer service.
We're continuing to invest in high quality training for top chefs of the future. So, set your career simmering today by finding out more about our Award Winning Hilton Worldwide Chef Apprentice Programme in 2017.
Our Chef Apprenticeship is 12-month training scheme that lets you earn while you learn. Master Classes and travel to and from college (where applicable). We'll even throw in your uniform and knife set if you complete the course.
- 12 months' wages during your course
- A guaranteed career path at a Hilton Worldwide hotel in the UK when your course finishes.
- Training for an NVQ Level Diploma in Professional Cookery (Preparation and Cooking) to add to your CV, leading to higher levels of employment and training.
- Unique benefits such as discounts on hotel stays, free staff meals, and even live-in accommodation at some hotels
Working for Hilton Worldwide as a Chef Apprentice has some pretty special results:
- Work experience at hotel locations to experience different cuisine
- Excursions to hospitality & catering events to broaden your knowledge
- Entry to both Hilton Worldwide and nationwide competitions
- Apprentice of the Year Award
- Opportunities for job promotion and hotel transfer within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio of brands
It's going to be a challenge that will take all your commitment, working unusual hours and various shifts, including weekends and bank holidays, but the rewards will be very sweet as you fast-track your career with a leading international brand.
Our training approach is practical and hands on based on industry and professional standards. Each apprentice is assigned a personal mentor within their hotel team.
Personal mentors will bring out your talents and build your confidence as a chef, with regular reviews & practical assessments. We will train you a prestigious, busy Hilton Worldwide hotel in London - you will be learning on the job with both day release at Westminster Kingsway College and on-site professional assessments.
No previous experience is required, but we would expect you to have demonstrated your passion for a career in the kitchen - this could be from school or local competitions, or even from being the Head Chef at home!