|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Northampton, Northamptonshire, England|
|Date Posted||August 7, 2016|
|Category|| Kitchen Porter |
|Job Type|| Temporary |
Casual Kitchen Steward Job
Hilton Northampton Hotel
Employment Type: Temporary
Job ID: HOT033P2
A Kitchen Steward carries out general cleaning duties and the operation of pot-washing machinery to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while ensuring back of house areas are clean and safety guidelines are observed.
What will it be like to work for a Hilton Worldwide Brand?
Our Team Members are the Heart of Hilton. As extraordinary hospitality professionals, we work together to make Hilton a great place to work and to build rewarding careers for ourselves and our colleagues.
Hilton Worldwide is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton Worldwide has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton Worldwide is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its 13 global brands, which include Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton HHonors®.
At Hilton, our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all! Come be a part of our team!
What will I be doing?
As a Kitchen Steward, you are responsible for carrying out general cleaning duties and operating pot-washing machinery to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Kitchen Steward will also be required to ensure all back of house areas are kept clean, and observe COSHH and health and safety guidelines. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Operate pot-washing machinery and maintain a hygienic working environment in accordance with hygiene regulations and company standards
- Carry out general cleaning as directed to include sweeping, mopping up, washing up, emptying of rubbish bins and boxes ensuring placement in the correct containers, and ensuring bin area is kept clean and tidy
- Ensure the correct PPE is in place and guidelines are adhered to
- Observe COSHH guidelines when handling hazardous substances and comply with all aspects of
- Health and Safety requirements
- Report any maintenance and, or, hazard issues to the supervisor on duty
What are we looking for?
A Kitchen Steward serving Hilton Worldwide brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on own or in teams
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous kitchen experience in similar role
- Knowledge of Basic Food Hygiene