|Location||Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland|
|Date Posted||June 22, 2016|
|Category|| Other |
|Job Type|| Part-time |
Casual Events Chef (Part-time)
Unique Occasion Events
We are currently seeking an experienced part time Chef to join us to cater for Weddings and Events in the Glasgow and surrounding areas. Experience of catering for these types of Events is required and also the ability to work from onsite small kitchens in various venues will be require.
As this is a new department within our events company this would suit someone looking for additional or weekend work with a view to helping develop this department and the position into a larger role. This position would predominantly be Fridays and Weekends and ability to meet deadlines, source best produce and direct assistants is required.
If you have experience of such events please contact us with details of your work experience and how you feel you would be the best person for the job.
What will I be doing?
You would be responsible for supervising staff and ensuring high levels of food preparation to deliver an excellent Wedding and/or Event experience. The suitable Chef would also be required to assist with food cost controls. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Ensure all food preparation meets standards
- Prepare and present high quality food
- Ensure food stuffs are of a good quality and stored correctly
- Source local produce to reinforce company ethos
- Prepare all mise-en-place for all relevant menus
- Assist in positive outcomes from guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Supervise staff
- Contribute to controlling costs, improving gross profit margins, and other departmental and financial targets
- Assist Head Chef/Sous Chef in the training of all staff in compliance of company procedures
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
- Comply with security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation
- Be environmentally aware
- Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues
- Keep all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross contamination
What are we looking for?
As a Chef with us you shall be working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- NVQ Level 3 or experience
- Achieved Relevant Food Hygiene Certificate
- Supervisory experience with a positive attitude
- Ability to achieve up to 300 covers per Wedding
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure on own or in teams
- Ability to create suitable menus and knowledge to source local produce
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous kitchen experience in similar role
- Knowledge of current food trends
Please note** This position is based on our development of the catering side of the business and wanted to confirm that you understand that this might be a little slow at the beginning while we build this. The position is on an as and when basis at present but we do not see this taking too long to build as we have recently accrued our own Wedding Venue in Ayrshire. Also, we would expect the incoming chef to assist where they can ie creating menu's, costings, material requirements, sourcing etc.
If this is still something that you are interested in could you please respond to me and we can arrange a discussion for us to highlight what we are looking for and also what your aspirations are.