|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Liverpool, Merseyside, England|
|Date Posted||July 24, 2017|
|Job Type|| Full-time |
About the Role:
This individual will be responsible for developing hospitality enterprises within The Reader, creating new and sustainable ways to support The Reader activity and generate revenue. They will develop a range of profitable catering offers that work in harmony with the organisation’s ethos and vision.
The chef is expected to have a hands on approach and responsibility for the overall daily operation of the café’s catering processes whilst being mindful of industry cost margins. The individual will need the practical skills to execute an interesting but simple menu and be capable of developing and planning seasonal menus as well as promoting our café offers. The chef must also have current and relevant health and safety/food hygiene certificates. The role would require the individual to show initiative in order to lead in offering an innovative menu and develop new, workable, concepts and ideas.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- To ensure the café kitchen and front of house is set up to meet the required standards at all times, with Health and Safety and Food Hygiene Legislation fully adhered to
- To create an interesting, basic menu; ensuring correct margins are made and menu content is compatible with customer needs
- Able to prepare and deliver all items offered on the menu and lead by example, observing all food hygiene regulations and requirements of best practice
- To ensure stock rotation and that deliveries are checked to ensure accurate quantity and quality of product
- Increase profitability by ensuring best value from suppliers
- To ensure all cleaning schedules, food temperature and fridge temperature records are current and contain information required by food safety regulations with any testing carried out as instructed.
- Ensure that all kitchen equipment is properly maintained and used safely, ensuring the competency and safety of others.
- An enthusiasm to work within a team to improve the profile of The Reader Café, with an ability to instruct others and report back to the shift manager
- Relevant catering qualifications and experience to ensure effective management
- Willingness to undertake training as required
- Smart, clean and groomed appearance; excellent standards of personal hygiene
- An ability to cope with the physical demands of working within a busy café
- A team player but able to work with own initiative
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience of dealing with suppliers
How to Apply
Note. Please do not just send in a CV. We will only consider applications that adhere to the following process -
Visit www.thereader.org.uk and select the ‘getting involved’ tab where you will be able to view the full job description and download an application form. Please complete the application form and submit a covering letter, explaining how you meet the requirements of this role, to email@example.com
Your covering letter is an opportunity for you to include any additional information which could not be explained within the application form.
Deadline for applications is 9am, Friday 28th July 2017.
A high volume of applications may make replies to everyone impossible.