|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Brompton, Yorkshire, England|
|Date Posted||December 7, 2018|
|Category|| Trainee - Apprentice Chef |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
We are looking for an outstanding individual to assist in the production of food for The Village Inn in Brompton. You must be able to ensure consistently high standards are adhered to in all aspects of the job. This is a full time position, which will include attendance at Darlington College one day per week, offering an excellent opportunity for an aspiring Chef to gain the knowledge, experience and qualifications to embark on a successful career in the catering industry. Full training in all aspects of the job will be given as you work towards a Level 2 apprenticeship. The training will be delivered in the form of work based learning and will include functional skills.
Apprenticeship summary: You will be responsible for assisting in the preparation, cooking and the presentation of food with the aim to deliver an excellent customer experience. You would also be required to undertake all reasonable duties as assigned by the Head Chef.
You must have basic cooking skills and have the desire to learn new ones. You will have a good working attitude and enjoy the buzz of working in a busy kitchen environment. Everything else we can give you but the right attitude and a desire to succeed you need to bring with you. We are a team who aren’t afraid to get our hands dirty and pull together when the going gets tough and the kitchen gets hot!
- Learn different procedures of food preparation
- Prepare ingredients for dishes upon the instructions of Chef
- Assist in operating commercial cooking equipment such as stoves, cookers, ovens and fryers
- Make sure that food supplies are stored properly and used resourcefully
- Ensure that food items are properly rotated in refrigerators and any near expiry ones are dealt with according to the restaurant’s policies
- Help Chefs in cooking activities by providing input and managing work
- Set up food stations by following Chef’s orders
- Make sure that recipes are followed properly during food preparation and cooking time
- Handle portion control requirements and presentation standards
- Arrange food items aesthetically on serving plates
- Make sure that the kitchen is clean and organised at all times
- Ensure that best food practices and kitchen hygiene protocols are adhered to
- Provide guidance to kitchen staff in upholding standards
- Assist Chef in developing menus
- Make sure that all leftover food is stored properly
- Assist in checking food deliveries for both quantity and quality standards
- Learn and employ the basics of food aesthetics in sync with the restaurant’s set instructions
- Maintain a “clean as you go” work ethic
N.B. This Job Description is designed to give you an overall view of the job and is not a definitive list of tasks.