|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Basingstoke, Hampshire, England|
|Date Posted||October 7, 2019|
|Category|| Trainee - Apprentice Chef |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
We are recruiting for an Apprentice Chef to join our Kitchen brigade at Audleys Wood Hotel in Basingstoke.
By completing your Chef apprenticeship with Hand Picked Hotels you get to work as part of an experienced team whilst gaining your Level 2 Commis Chef qualification. This gives you the opportunity to earn whilst you learn to be a professional Chef!
You will be provided with excellent training and development both from our Chefs and the HIT Training Assessors. During your apprenticeship you will also attend a number of Chef training workshops organised by the HIT Training Assessors.
- Meals on duty provided
- Share of Hotel service charge and gratuities to boost your earnings
- Discounted stays with Hand Picked (£30 per room Bed & Breakfast) and 25% off food and drink
- Online retail discount platform offering savings with thousands of high street retailers and restaurants
- 28 Days holidays rising to 33 with service
- Pension scheme
- Free parking on site
Competencies of an Apprentice Chef:
- You need to have a positive attitude and be keen to learn from our Chefs
- You need to enjoy cooking and be willing to work hard as being a Chef is hard work and involves being on your feet for long periods
In return you will be given training and support and an opportunity to develop your career as a Chef. Our Chefs and teams are keen to encourage people in to the Hospitality industry so they will aim to inspire you and make you feel welcome! You will be required to work 40 hours per week over 5 days. We promise that you will not be required to work split shifts and will be given one weekend off in four. Your earliest start time will be 8am and your latest finish time will be 9.30pm. Hand Picked Hotels is a collection of 19 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. With welcoming and charming service delivered in inspirational surroundings, our guests are encouraged to feel at home, relax, kick off their shoes and indulge!
Our core values are family, initiative, welcoming, individuality, and local engagement - you make it Hand Picked.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.