|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Newbridge, Midlothian/Edinburghshire, Scotland|
|Date Posted||September 10, 2018|
|Category|| Trainee - Apprentice Chef |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Working week: 40 Hours per week between 8:00 am - 9:30 pm
Salary : £ 200.00 Per Week
An opportunity has arisen to join the talented brigade of chefs at Hand Picked hotels via their Chefs Academy.
As a Commis Chef you will be part of a team in food preparation and organisation within the kitchen.
Your main responsibilities will be:
• Assist senior chefs in preparing meals in either part or in full
• Actively seek to improve own skills and achieve personal development
• Work as part of the kitchen team under the direction of the head chef, sous chef and chef de parties to support the demands of the kitchen
• Work in a clean and tidy manner
• Comply with all health and safety regulations
• Undertake training as required
• Comply at all times with the Staff Code of Conduct
• Be flexible and carry out reasonable requests dictated by the business needs
• Seek to ensure at all times that staff, visitors and guests on our sites have the best experience possible
Personal Qualities :
• Team player
Skills Required :
• Ability to take instruction
Future prospects: Graduation from the Hand Picked Hotels Chefs Academy will open the door for many career development opportunities across the Hand Picked collection.
Please ensure you can get to and from the venue as well as committing to evening and weekend work.
· Straight shifts with 2 days off together
· Start no earlier than 8:00 am
· Finish no later than 9:30 pm
· 1 weekend off in 4
No experience necessary. However, English and Maths will be assessed as part of the interview process.