Hand Picked Hotels
Hand Picked Hotels is an award-winning collection of country house hotels created by former City lawyer Julia Hands and renowned for exquisite food, fine wines and excellent service in stylish, relaxing surroundings. Julia's vision was to create a collection of individual hotels, not a chain, where guests could enjoy the unique architectural features and interiors of the properties whilst experiencing a superb level of comfort and service.
There are 20 hotels across the UK and Channel Islands with locations ranging from the New Forest and Jersey to Yorkshire and Edinburgh. Hand Picked Hotels focuses on the quality of its service and cuisine and each of our hotel’s fine dining restaurants holds 2 AA Rosettes, apart from Norton House which holds three. Hand Picked Hotels strives to be the leading UK collection of 4-star country house hotels and has successfully been awarded the prestigious title of AA Hotel Group of The Year 2012-13. In addition to this accolade, nine of our properties have red stars, meaning they are located within the top 200 hotels in the UK and Ireland within their star category.
At Hand Picked Hotels we encourage our guests to kick off their shoes, to feel indulged, at home, captivated and inspired so that each and every stay is memorable for all the right reasons. Whilst the buildings have been beautifully refurbished to the highest of standards, it is the style and approach of our teams that make each and every Hand Picked Hotel unique and the reason why our guests come back time and again.
"Hand Picked Hotels is a unique collection of architecturally stunning and exquisitely refurbished country house hotels, set in beautifully maintained grounds, offering the highest standards of cuisine and service, which will make each guest’s stay a memorable one and Hand Picked the country house hotel collection of choice."
Hand Picked People
We are committed to ensuring that Hand Picked People get the opportunities they need to develop their talent and potential. You will be supported by your Head of Department, your Human Resources Manager and by our Regional Training Team throughout your career. We are very proud that our service programme, Being Hand Picked, has won two national awards for training.
Industry recognition of the quality of our training, along with the time, resources and level of commitment put in by the managers and trainers show that our commitment to you is genuine.
As a matter of course, we’ll provide you with training in your job role to learn the technical skills required to do your job along with our Hand Picked brand standards and behaviours to ensure you are confident in delivering the level of service our guests expect when they stay in one of our hotels.
To make sure your development is progressing in the way you need, and to give you the chance to discuss your performance throughout the year, each team member receives an annual appraisal. We will make sure you are thoroughly prepared for this to make the most of the conversation with your line manager.
Rewards and Benefits Include:
- Holidays - 28 days paid leave per holiday year including recognised public holidays rising with service to a maximum of 33 days
- Hand Picked Hotels Group Personal Pension Scheme
- Company sickness benefit scheme
- Life Assurance SchemeEmployee Assistance Programme
- Recognition & incentive schemes
- Recommend a friend
- Generous employee hotel stay discounts
- Training opportunities
- Staff consultative committee / team member forum
Our values support our family approach; we're passionate about our people as well as our hotels and welcome those who share our enthusiasm to join us. We seek vibrant people who believe that providing the highest level of guest service is the key to success.
Would you like to join our team and help deliver our vision?
Have a look at our current kitchen opportunities available below.
Current job openings at Hand Picked Hotels Limited
- New Executive Head Chef | Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa posted 4 days ago.
- Head Chef | St Pierre Park Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort posted 5 days ago.
- New Chef de Partie | Bailbrook House Hotel posted about 9 hours ago.
- New Junior Sous Chef | Bailbrook House Hotel posted about 9 hours ago.
- New Casual Chef - (Senior Chef de Partie, Junior Sous Chef, Sous Chef Level) | Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa posted about 9 hours ago.
- New Casual Chef | Bailbrook House Hotel posted 1 day ago.
- New Kitchen Porter | Bailbrook House Hotel posted 2 days ago.
- New Commis Chef | Stanbrook Abbey Hotel posted 3 days ago.
- New Commis Pastry Chef | Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa posted 3 days ago.
- New Chef de Partie | Stanbrook Abbey Hotel posted 3 days ago.
- New Chef de Partie | Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa posted 3 days ago.
- New Apprentice Chef | Ettington Park Hotel posted 3 days ago.
- New Kitchen Porter | Stanbrook Abbey Hotel posted 4 days ago.
- New Casual Chef | Woodlands Park Hotel posted 4 days ago.
- New Breakfast Chef | Norton House Hotel & Spa posted 4 days ago.
- New Breakfast Chef | Stanbrook Abbey Hotel posted 4 days ago.
- Senior Sous Chef | St Pierre Park Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort posted 5 days ago.
- Kitchen Assistant | St Pierre Park Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort posted 5 days ago.
- Chef de Partie | St Pierre Park Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort posted 5 days ago.
- Chef de Partie | New Hall Hotel & Spa posted 6 days ago.